Friday, April 20, 2007

Cafe Cartel

Dearie and I went for an SSO concert, and went to Cafe Cartel at Raffles City Shopping Centre for dinner. It's been so long since I've been there (Yr 1 Sem 1, if I recall correctly) that I was craving their carbonara again. We forgot to take a picture of Dearie's sandwich, and the salad we shared, but I thought I'd share the picture of the carbonara anyhow.

Fatty bacon, mushroom slices, cream, spaghetti and a runny yolk plopped right in the middle to be mixed in. My goodness, it's bliss! Rich, creamy and, to me, infinitely yummilicious!

Perhaps it's just me, but I love cream pastas.. The richness of it is just incredibly decadent and indulgent. Which is why I don't have it often, but when I do, ooooh man, bliss!



Verdict: The food was good, the usual Cafe Cartel standard. But the down side is that there's no more free flow of bread! I loved eating the bread with olive oil and Parmesan! The next time I've got a craving for carbonara, I'd love to go back there again.