Monday, April 09, 2007

Japanese curry and pork cutlets

I made this lunch on our 17th month anniversary, something which I'd wanted to cook for quite some time now.

A birds-eye view of the entire lunch - hot rice mixed with the remaining egg wash from the pork cutlets, pork cutlets that I attempted to stuff with cheese (see picture below), a gravy boat filled with the curry, and a bottle of lime (because I ran out of lemon) barley to beat the heat.




As I mentioned, I attempted to stuff the pork chops with cheese. Quite obviously, I failed. With advise from April (over on the main blog's tag board) my next attempt will be better, I hope :)

But the pork cutlets were still pretty yummy, despite having their cheese innards spilling all over the paper towels placed to soak up the oil.





Verdict: I was happy with the curry, this being my first attempt at making it, but I found it a tad too salty, though Dear liked it a lot. And it's a good way to get veggies into Dear - carrots, potatoes and onions in the curry! Haha.. Sneaky me.. Lessen the amount of chicken stock and up the amount of water next time :)

No comments: