Saturday, August 12, 2006

Delifrance Bistro @ Toa Payoh Central

Only 2 pictures today, because Dear and I ordered the same thing ^_^ Went to the revamped Delifrance Bistro next to the Toa Payoh Library for lunch because I wanted to try the lasagne.


Traditional French onion soup! The soup was quite fragrant and flavourful. Lots of onions cooked till soft at the bottom of the soup-cup too. Only drawback is that it was suppose to have cheese gratin. I so didn't taste any cheese apart from the Parmesan I felt obliged to add into the soup after tasting it.








Beef bolognese! Dear likes this one, but I think I'm going into Munchie-Monkey-lasagne withdrawal because I feel this does not match up. In that respect, I think my opinion may be biased and skewed towards Munchie. Still, extra points awarded for the cheesiness of it all, and because the edges have been baked till it's slightly harder but a lot more flavourful.




Verdict: The food is pretty good, but the place doesn't have the appeal that Cafe Cartel or Sizzler's has. Sad to say, despite the similar price, I would rather go to the latter two in future.

No comments: